What does Social Security pay me?

If you are the spouse of a deceased person and that person has been drawing SS benefits, you will receive a SS 1 time death benefit $255.00 and then SS will adjust your spouses benefits for you. If you are a person under 60 years old you can't draw any benefit until you reach 60.The death benefit is sent to the spouse not the funeral home. It is a one time benefit, paid to a spouse, under age child or a handicapped child.